21 February 2004

OK, so I just realised I haven't blogged in a while. Sure enough, chicken pox arrived for the other two. Alex got some spots Tuesday evening, while Olivia's showed up Wednesday morning. They've not been too bad, unlike my friend Lana's little boy, Keir, who was totally and utterly covered in spots & running quite a high fever with it (apparently, the two are linked - the more spots, the higher fever they get). He's on the mend now, but was truly miserable, poor thing. Alex and Olivia are nearly better, and I'm sure Olivia will be able to go back to school Tuesday (Monday is an INSET day (teacher training) so they aren't back to school 'til Tuesday).

Olivia will be very glad to hear she can go to school Tuesday, because as part of "book week", which is the week they go back, they are all allowed to dress like a character from a book for school on Tuesday and Olivia would hate to miss that. I think she's going to insist on going as Belle from Beauty and the Beast - I expect we'll see a lot of fairy tale princesses in the nursery. I think Sarah will go as Pochohontas (sp?) as she has an Indian costume she'd like to wear. At least it's different from what most of them will be wearing...

Had a relatively good half term, despite the pox. Tuesday we went out and did some spending of pocket money and had lunch out, luckily, as we were housebound after that. Thursday we did some tie-dyeing (pictures on the website later today), and now we have some fabric squares to make into things. We'll probably overdye a few of them, as they were wrapped a bit tight and had a bit too much white in the centres. It's been a while since I tie-dyed, and I'd forgotten that for the spiral kind you needed to make the bundles a bit looser or leave the fabric longer, etc. It was a very successful activity, though, so I'm sure we'll do it again at Easter or in the Summer holidays, or sometime. Sarah wants to do a sheet for her bed.

No comments: