08 July 2007

Such a perfect day...



I was going to make a play on words for the title of this post (something about fairs and weather and friends (our PTA is called The Friends of Green Lane)), but frankly, I'm too tired, having been at school for 8 1/2 hours today working on the fair (we start setting up at 8; the actual fair is 12-3; cleanup usually finishes by about 4.30). However, the good thing is, it went very well. The weather was absolutely perfect - sunny and hot, but not boiling, and not very windy. Whew! And Alex is thrilled because I won a Lego Pirate Ship (OK, Megablocks, not Lego - same difference) on the raffle.

This photo is of the stall I was working on - the kids' tombola (where you pick tickets and if it ends in a 0 or 5 you get a prize). This was a very popular stall today - sold out by about 1.30, which is even sooner than usually (it does often sell out before the end of the fair). But given the number of prizes on the stall, well, it's astonishing how much money some kids have to spend at fairs... (not mine - I dole it out a pound at a time and make them make it last).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When I worked at a high school I was always stunned at how much money the kids had to spend at fairs. I used to get put on the stall making balloon animals (one of my many hidden talents) and some of the young kids would buy dozens.

It does look like you had perfect weather.