22 November 2002

Not much happening lately, or at least, it seems that way to me - I suppose someone on the outside of my cycle of school runs, after school activities & errands might think I was really busy. And I suppose I am, but it's often nothing you can put your finger on. And of course, this time of year, there is also Christmas shopping to be done, Christmas presents & cards to be made, and so on. I managed to avoid getting roped into working at the school Christmas Fayre (they always seem to spell it that way, don't they!) - one advantage of being pregnant is that you have a much easier & more obvious excuse for turning people down &/or not volunteering. We will still, of course, attend the fair, but that's okay - there's not nearly as much energy required in attending as there is in organising or running a stall. I did make some table runners, etc from various donated scraps (a simple matter of some hemming), and I'll probably knock up a dish or two of rice krispie treats for the day, but neither of those things requires a large amount of time or effort, or long periods of standing up, which is probably the worst thing.

No comments: