11 April 2003

Seems to be a problem posting to my blog at the moment, but I thought I'd type something now anyway, in the hopes that when the publishing thing is sorted, I'll not have lost all the stuff I've added. We'll see. Of course, being a tightwad about internet stuff, I don't pay for one of the premium services, so the chances of their dealing with my problem are slim to none; perhaps it's a temporary server thing (I know all about those from the years on ns.com) which will resolve itself anyway. I should be so lucky.

Today was the last day of school before the Easter Holidays - two glorious weeks of bored children, and I'm sure the weather will turn all rainy just to make life that much easier. The kids got out of school today at 1.30, and by about 3, they were already intolerable. It's going to be a fun two weeks. And as Geoff's dad recently had another minor stroke, we won't be making the previously planned trip up to Grandma & Grandad either, which won't help any (that's not my primary concern about Geoff's dad's stroke, of course, but it's an additional negative aspect...)

We did start an "Easter Egg Tree" today, though. I don't know if anyone else did this as a kid, but we did - we decorated eggshells and hung them on a "tree" (ok, a branch), which we used as a decoration. As Geoff says, it makes sense, as eggs normally grow on trees. I know, I know, but I guess it's just a good way to display them. Anyway, we have a couple of eggs I bought at the garden centre, but we're going to make some more - it's a holiday project. It won't be quite the same as in the US as most of the eggs here are brown (although sometimes at Easter they do sell white in some places), but there are other ways of decoration than just dyeing...

No comments: