08 September 2004

So, we're back from Ireland (which was great, more later on that), and kitchen is nearly done, just a few little bits (and my painting to come) - I have photos, but am too tired tonight to fuss with getting them out of the camera. Maybe tomorrow.

Back to school today, for Sarah, though Olivia doesn't go until Monday. Also, first day of Brownies, which is new - she did Rainbows before, but although they are technically supposed to be 7 for Brownies, the leader let her go up early as Thalia was going up, too. Olivia is looking forward to starting Rainbows after she turns 5 - not until the 2nd half of the term, which is a good thing, as it will give her a chance to settle into school.

Not much else - I have to have a root filling (root canal) next week, as I have an abcess in one of my teeth - developed it while on holiday in Ireland of course - well, I'm sure it was developing for some time, but of course that's when it became really bad - talk about serious pain - I woke up at 3 in the morning & it was so painful I wasn't sure whether to cry or throw up. I didn't do either, in the end, but it was a close call! I've seen the dentist today & he's given me some antibiotics to get rid of the infection & made an appointment to sort it next week, when the infection has cleared & also, when he has a longer appointment available - they are really good about seeing you in an emergency, but they are short appointments, for obvious reasons. And the REALLY good news is that depending on how much of the tooth is left (it's quite a big filling in it already), he might have to put a crown on to finish it off. Maybe I'll get lucky & there will be enough tooth left to hold a regular filling - I've had two crowns in the past 2 years, and frankly, that's plenty. I haven't had a new filling for years, but of course the old ones can break or get a little decay at the edges, which means they need redoing, and eventually, you just run out of tooth - hence crowns.

OK, that's enough, didn't intend to go on about dentistry for ages - sorry!

No comments: