22 September 2002

Spent most of the day today doing preparation stuff for Sarah's birthday party next Saturday. We made bookmarks for the party favour bags, assembled the bags, made a treasure box for the treasure hunt & possibly some other stuff I've forgotten by this point in the evening. Fun, but tiring. My task for the coming week is to create the clues for the treasure hunt. Luckily, these kids are only 3-6, so we don't have to be too clever. A good thing,as I think being clever is way beyond my powers this week. I guess I can be thankful that I don't waddle yet, which would be worse, but I keep forgetting how much being pregnant affects your ability to remember stuff - which is probably ironic or something, if only I could remember :)

Looking forward to yoga tomorrow - the first class was good, actually. Not only was it quite relaxing & destressing, but I was by no means the most unfit person in the class - more supple than several of the other women, which I didn't expect. I'm probably the person there who is earliest along in pregnancy (about 20 weeks now) but even allowing for that. I don't mind not being at the top of these things, but sometimes it's a real relief just not to be at the bottom. Actually, Wednesday night I went to dinner with some of the other mums from Sarah's class (and the other Reception class) and we were talking about pregnancy (as happens when you have a room full of women with small children, especially when said women are drinking wine...). Several of them couldn't believe I was 20 weeks pregnant and kept asking where the bump was. Which was very flattering. I always wanted to be one of those women who had a distinct bump when pregnant, rather than looking like a fat whale, and perhaps this time I shall actually achieve that! Not that I'm starving myself, by any means, but I am trying not to pig out too much. And it does help, having lost 3 stone before getting pregnant...

No comments: