12 September 2002

Watched that documentary about 9/11 made by 2 French brothers last night - very good & tasteful and of course achingly sad & poignant, too. Although we were actually on holiday in Washington DC on the day itself last year, I think I'm quite glad to be here this year, where things aren't quite so focused on the tragedy. And of course, we don't have to put up with Georgie quite so much as over there, though still way too much for my liking.


On a more prosaic note, one more day of collecting Sarah from school at noon, and then we get to go until 3.20, hurrah! It will be much easier to get stuff done if I don't have to worry about that. I still have to collect Olivia from playgroup at 12 on Tuesdays and Fridays, but somehow that's not quite the same. At least I will have a few days where I can do longer, uninterrupted errands, if necessary. As I figured beforehand, I'm a lot busier now than before, but at least it's more enjoyable, mostly. Granted, there's a lot of that whole taking the car in to be serviced kind of errand running, but there's also a lot of playing at the playground and short shopping trips and other enjoyable things.

No comments: