31 March 2020

March Book Update


This year, I'm just going to keep track of books I read as I go through the year - not worrying about how many books I have waiting to be read or anything like that. So each month's roundup will just be a picture collage showing the books I've read, with a running tally for each month. I think I'll break down new (to me) books and re-reading as well. And maybe pick a favourite each month. This could change as the year goes on... Once again, I'll set my goal as 100 books - it's about what I have time for, more or less.

So, in March:  new (to me) books read: 5; books re-read:  5
Favourite Book in March: The Wolf and the Watchman by Niklas Natt och Dag

in February:  new (to me) books read: 6; books re-read:  0
Favourite Book in February: Heart of a Samurai by Margi Preus

in January:  new (to me) books read: 6; books re-read: 3
Favourite book in January:  Once Upon a River, Diane Setterfield


  • I re-read an old favourite, which I was reminded of for some reason (Beauty, Robin McKinley)
  • I read a couple of children's books - one which my class is reading, one which was sitting in my pile to go into schoool (Auggie & Me, R J Palacion; Tom's Midnight Garden, Philippa Pearce)
  • I read a teen distopian novel - not sure if I will continue with the series, though I did enjoy the book (Unwind, Neal Shusterman)
  • I read a book from my pile by an author I always enjoy (Unsheltered, Barbara Kingsolver)
  • I re-read a couple more standbys, while working through Unsheltered and not quite feeling up to more serious reading (Summer of the Dragon, Elizabeth Peters; The Heroine's Sister, Frances Murray)
  • I read a book (in translation, not speaking Swedish myself) passed on to me by a friend (The Wolf and the Watchman, Niklas Natt och Dag)
  • I re-read two books which year 6 will be doing again next year - with an aim towards pulling out vocabulary and generating comprehension questions (read parts more than twice, but I'm not counting that!) (Skellig by David Almond, Tales of Terror by Chris Priestley)

No comments: