31 May 2020

May Book Update


This year, I'm just going to keep track of books I read as I go through the year - not worrying about how many books I have waiting to be read or anything like that. So each month's roundup will just be a picture collage showing the books I've read, with a running tally for each month. I think I'll break down new (to me) books and re-reading as well. And maybe pick a favourite each month. This could change as the year goes on... Once again, I'll set my goal as 100 books - it's about what I have time for, more or less.

So, in May: new (to me) books read: 5; books re-read: 1
Favourite Book in May: Toffee by Sarah Crossan

in April: new (to me) books read: 6; books re-read:  0
Favourite Book in April: A Boy and his Dog at the End of the World, C A Fletcher

in March:  new (to me) books read: 5; books re-read:  5
Favourite Book in March: The Wolf and the Watchman by Niklas Natt och Dag

in February:  new (to me) books read: 6; books re-read:  0
Favourite Book in February: Heart of a Samurai by Margi Preus

in January:  new (to me) books read: 6; books re-read: 3
Favourite book in January:  Once Upon a River, Diane Setterfield

In May, I read:
  • Another book which we'll be doing next year in Year 6 (Call of the Wild, Jack London) - I read this many years ago, but barely remembered it, as it has been so long, and a book which a younger year group is reading (Secrets of a Sun King, Emma Carroll).
  • The third book in a series I've been making my way through (slowly) (The Golden Cage, JD Oswald)
  • A young adult title I picked up back when we could go to bookshops, because it sounded promising (Toffee, Sarah Crossan)
  • And a fantasy novel Alex gave me for Mothers' Day (The City in the Middle of the Night, Charlie Jane Anders)


No comments: