01 July 2020

June Reading Update


This year, I'm just going to keep track of books I read as I go through the year - not worrying about how many books I have waiting to be read or anything like that. So each month's roundup will just be a picture collage showing the books I've read, with a running tally for each month. I think I'll break down new (to me) books and re-reading as well. And maybe pick a favourite each month. This could change as the year goes on... Once again, I'll set my goal as 100 books - it's about what I have time for, more or less.

So,  in June: new (to me) books read: 4; books re-read: 2
Favourite Book in June: Muse of Nightmares, Laini Taylor


 in May: new (to me) books read: 5; books re-read: 1
Favourite Book in May: Toffee by Sarah Crossan

in April: new (to me) books read: 6; books re-read:  0
Favourite Book in April: A Boy and his Dog at the End of the World, C A Fletcher

in March:  new (to me) books read: 5; books re-read:  5
Favourite Book in March: The Wolf and the Watchman by Niklas Natt och Dag

in February:  new (to me) books read: 6; books re-read:  0
Favourite Book in February: Heart of a Samurai by Margi Preus

in January:  new (to me) books read: 6; books re-read: 3
Favourite book in January:  Once Upon a River, Diane Setterfield

In June, I read:
  • The first in the detective series featuring Imogen Quy (The Wyndham Case, Jill Paton Walsh)
  • Another in a detective series I've been reading and re-reading my way through. I don't think I've read this one before, but I'm not 100 per cent certain. The blurb sounded familiar, but I didn't remember the book while reading it. (Blood from a Stone, Donna Leon)
  • I re-read an old favourite when I was reminded of it for some reason (Watership Down by Richard Adams)
  • I read a young adult crime novel which Sarah passed on to me (One of us is Next, Karen McManus)
  • Had a quick re-read of the children's book Wonder (R J Palacio), as we were watching the film at school and I wanted to remind myself of how the book differed.  Forgot to log this originally, so it's not in the collage!
  • I read the sequel to a fantasy novel I read a while back (Muse of Nightmares, Laini Taylor)

No comments: