30 April 2021

April Reading Update


Once again, I've set a reading goal of 100 books for the year - I didn't quite make it last year (95), but it's close enough to set that as a goal again (and I like a nice round number). I'll track which books I read in a month and which I liked best. Mostly for myself more than anything, but of course I'm always glad to have others follow along.

So...  in April: new (to me) books read: 8; books re-read: 0
Favourite book in April:  The Ninth House, Leigh Bardugo

in March: new (to me) books read: 8; books re-read: 1
Favourite book in March:  Spring, Ali Smith

 in February: new (to me) books read: 4; books re-read: 
Favourite book in February:  A Single Thread, Tracy Chevalier

in January:  new (to me) books read: 6; books re-read: 
Favourite book in January:  An American Marriage, Tayari Jones

April reading: 
  • I read a couple of children's books - one which my class might read later in the year, and others just because I like children's books. (A Boy and a Bear in a Boat by Dave Shelton; The Lost Magician by Piers Torday)
  • I read a book which someone talked about on a podcast, which sounded interesting (Who Will Run the Frog Hospital by Lorrie Moore)
  • I read a couple of SF/F titles, one a young adult book by a new author (The Gilded Ones by Namina Forna) and one a new title by an author I've read before (The Ninth House by Leigh Bardugo)
  • I read the next in a crime series I'm reading (A Long Shadow by Charles Todd)
  • I read a collection of long short stories I picked up in a charity shop a while back (Nocturnes by Kazuo Ishiguro)
  • And I read a book by an author I really enjoy, which has been waiting on my shelf for a while (The Lola Quartet by Emily St John Mandel)

No comments: