30 June 2021

June Book Update

Once again, I've set a reading goal of 100 books for the year - I didn't quite make it last year (95), but it's close enough to set that as a goal again (and I like a nice round number). I'll track which books I read in a month and which I liked best. Mostly for myself more than anything, but of course I'm always glad to have others follow along.

So...  in June, new (to me) books read: 4 ; books re-read: 1
Favourite book in June: The 10,000 Doors of January by Alix Harrow

in May, new (to me) books read: 6; books re-read: 0
Favourite book in May: Commonwealth by Ann Patchett

in April: new (to me) books read: 8; books re-read: 0
Favourite book in April:  The Ninth House, Leigh Bardugo

in March: new (to me) books read: 8; books re-read: 1
Favourite book in March:  Spring, Ali Smith

 in February: new (to me) books read: 4; books re-read: 
Favourite book in February:  A Single Thread, Tracy Chevalier

in January:  new (to me) books read: 6; books re-read: 
Favourite book in January:  An American Marriage, Tayari Jones

June reading: 

  • I read another in a mystery series I like, which I've not kept up with recently until now (Riviera Gold by Laurie R King)
  • I read a book about reading (The Year of Reading Dangerously, Andy Miller)
  • I read a YA book which was great (The 10000 Doors of January, Alix Harrow)
  • I re-read an old favourite which was mentioned somewhere (I Capture the Castle, Dodie Smith)
  • I read a novel in a different world by Jasper Fforde (I like the ones set in books) - this one was an interesting concept, but I wasn't quite as keen (Early Riser)

No comments: