18 July 2004

Well, school is finally over, which is good, I guess, although it means that the kids are now free for 7 1/2 weeks and will need to be entertained for that whole time. But at least it means I no longer have to set my alarm most mornings, which is definitely a good thing. Especially as my kids are fairly good at sleeping in, so I might actually get to get up after 8am some mornings!
 
Been busy this weekend doing some dyeing, including a whole lot of t-shirts, which have turned out very well - this is more sophisticated dyeing than normal Dylon dyes, so the colours are much better. Hopefully I'll be able to sell some of the t-shirts, as well - wouldn't it be nice to be able to generate a bit of income without having to do any actual work... 
 
And of course the other main event in  the house is that Grandma Kathy (my mother) arrived on Thursday for her summer visit, so the girls are having a great time having her here - Alex wasn't entirely sure at first who this woman was, and why she was in HIS house, but I think he's warming up to her. By the time she's ready to go home, I'm sure he'll be very attached.

No comments: