23 October 2005

Land of a thousand fairy cakes...

OK, it was only 3 dozen, but they did seem to take a long time to ice and decorate. We thought Olivia would rather have a lot of fairy cakes than one big cake, and it was fun making them, mostly (though it's amazing the number of things sisters can find to argue about). And it will be much more practical for her party tomorrow, as I won't have to slice the cake to put it into party bags - I'll just be able to grab a cake each and hand them out.

2 comments:

C K said...

That sounds lovely! What a fun idea. I always love reading what you and the kids are up to, and it puts a smile on my face. Fairy cakes. Just yesterday, I purchased a muffin tin that makes tiny muffins (diet sized muffins!) and inspired by you, I'm going to call them my fairy muffins.

Kate North said...

These are much larger than mini muffin size - all cupcakes here are called fairy cakes, regardless of size, as far as I know - but maybe someday when I have lots of energy I might do teeny tiny ones. That would be fabulous. Still - it worked well.