27 June 2006

(Insert clever Dylan reference here)

You'd think that, with the millionty-seven songs Bob Dylan has written, I'd be able to think of a song lyric to make a good title for this blog entry, but...

Spent this past weekend in Ireland visiting Cathi and going to see Dylan at the Source Festival in Kilkenny. I worked out that I haven't seen Dylan play in 15 years and he'd been around forever even then - that's one way to make a person feel old. :)

It was a good show, though - not great, but good and he did some songs I really like, including Highway 61 and All Along the Watchtower. He played Absolutely Sweet Marie, which was slightly surprising, but nice and Ballad of a Thin Man, which of course I love. And some other stuff. (OK, I admit it, I did write them all down as he played them, but I'm trying to seem nonchalant rather than obsessive - those of you who have known me for a long time probably see right through that anyway)

In addition to the show, got to visit with Cathi - oh, and did I mention, no kids came with me? 48+ hours with no kids - or at least, without the ones that I have to deal with when they get stroppy! When I got home late Sunday night, there was a "Welcome Home Mum" sign hanging in the hallway - isn't that sweet?

No comments: