25 July 2006

2 down, 42 to go...

Well, we have just successfully completed day 2 of the summer holidays without any child killing any other child (or any parent doing so). The girls' task for this summer is to try not to argue with each other for no reason all day long - so far, I've only had to remind them of this about 10 times. Someone should remind me again why I thought it would be nice to have kids close in age... Oh well, it's not quite as bad as a friend of mine who has twin girls a bit younger than Olivia. I can't quite imagine two Olivias in my life.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Be glad you live in England. When you and your brother were children in the US, summer vacation lasted from early June until late August. And you two argued all the time!

Kate North said...

Oh, I am glad, believe me. The number of times I've wondered how American mums manage to get through such a long holiday...