02 October 2006

World of Adventures

Well, we went ahead and went to Chessington WoA on Saturday, despite dubious forecasts, and it was a good thing we did as the weather was ok on Saturday (one heavyish shower, while we were inside having lunch anyway, and a few sprinkles, lots of sun) and absolutely foul on Sunday (thunder & lightning, hail, bucketing rain, you name it). The girls - my two and Thalia, Sarah's best friend, had a blast and frankly, I had fun, too. It's been years since I was on a roller coaster that could actually be called such, and I find that I still enjoy them. And I still can't handle those rides that spin you around (I didn't even try - I feel sick just looking at them, frankly), but I was never very good at them, even as a kid - even little merry-go-rounds in the playground made me feel ill (they still do). Anyway, it was a good day, though very tiring, and I'm already getting "can we go to Chessington next year" (maybe). Here's the girls at the bottom of one of those water rides (the third time - they went 4 times in a row as there was almost no queue at all - I only went twice myself...)

No comments: