23 November 2007

Gerbil Preparation




The only thing missing now is the gerbils... which are on special order from the pet shop. Should be 2-3 weeks. Needless to say, there is excitement. I think it looks pretty cosy, myself - the gerbil sleeping/hiding pod in the top level, the food dish, the running wheel for exercise, the water bottle - and downstairs, plenty of space to dig and some tunnels to hang out in. There is also a chewing/playing in cube, which must have got put in after the photos were taken. And of course, there will be some toilet roll tubes for chewing and playing with, and probably some bedding, but we'll wait until the gerbils get here for that.

And I've hung the pictures that got displaced by moving the bookcase, above the cage. Couldn't have a blank wall in my house!

1 comment:

country girl said...

You are a great mom. I never got into smaller pets like gerbils. We had dogs and cats.

Love your quilt blog. Thanks for the tips on quilt shops in San Diego.