29 June 2008

Magic Crystal Grotto



We went out this afternoon to Painshill Park to have a wander around - it's one of those places I keep meaning to go to, and just haven't got around to it yet. But as we had to go pick up Sarah from Guide camp at Heyswood, which is right next door to Painshill it seemed like a good time to check it out. It's a fun place - during the 18th century the grounds were extensively developed, full of interesting follies, like this crystal grotto. Lots more photos over here on flickr.

2 comments:

mandi said...

hi there-
i came across your blog and was taken by this first photo of the crystals. how beautiful! and then i scrolled down and saw your lovely family, and then, ireland! my husband and i spent some time there about 4years ago and it still holds a place in my heart! i loved it. and to see the rock of cashel and then cahir- we stayed in a castel there! it was so fun to see that you went there too, it seems like such a 'drive through' kind of town to the naked eye. but we really enjoyed ourselves there. thanks for sharing- it was nice to relive some memories! : )

Devin McLaughlin said...

Really like you blog. Haven't been to Ireland for 27 years (when I was 13 and we went to see our cousins). I remember the Rock of Cashel. You've given me the travel bug again. Can't wait to go as an adult with my wife and kids. Thanks for the stories. I'll be back.