15 May 2009

A night out...



From a rather good (and very unexpected) cover of Girl from the North Country onwards, it was a good show. A good mix of new and old, and if some favourites were left out (Mrs Potter, A long December, Omaha - not that I expected them to play it, mind you) others were included (Anna Begins, A Murder of One, Miami). Sarah and I were both pleased to hear them play Accidentally in Love, the incongruity of which always - still - amuses me. Verdict: highly enjoyable and my goodness, I wish I had as much energy as Adam Duritz...

  • Girl from the North Country (Dylan cover - I hope someone youtubes this! (ok, apologies for turning youtube into a verb, lol))
  • Cowboys (Sunday AM)
  • Anna Begins (August)
  • Children in Bloom (Satellites)
  • New Frontier (Hard Candy - and I have to say, even in concert, this song still sounds like a dorky 80s throwback)
  • Good time (Hard Candy)
  • I Dream of Michaelangelo (Sunday AM)
  • Recovering the Satellites
  • Miami (Hard Candy)
  • A Murder of One (August)
  • Speedway (Desert)
  • Accidentally in Love (Shrek 2 soundtrack)
  • Rain King (medley with Mr Jones and I get by with a little help with my friends; featuring Blind Pilot and the Hold Steady) (August)
  • Holiday in Spain - encore (Hard Candy)

No comments: