07 July 2009

Newest Beaver in the Colony





Whether real beavers live in colonies or not, I couldn't say, but Beavers (pre-cubs) are apparently organised that way over here. Alex had his official enrollment tonight after several weeks' attendance. He had to say the Beaver Promise ("I promise to do my best to be kind and helpful and to love God" ) and the Beaver Motto ("Fun and Friends") and then he got his scarf and woggle (which word I promise I did not make up - it's the thingy which slides over the scarf to keep it joined up) and a certificate. And voila - Beaver. It was really sweet, actually...

1 comment:

Kathy said...

What a nice thing for those too young for Cub Scouts. As far as I know, we don't have anything like that here. At least there wasn't when Steve was that age. I'll bet Alex is very pleased to be in Beavers.

See you all soon.
Mom