09 April 2010

Picnic in a park



Today the weather was so lovely that while we were out running our various errands in Wimbledon (orthodontist, passport photos, birthday present for the weekend, trousers for a boy who keeps growing, rechargeable batteries, parsnips, etc) we decided (or rather, I did, unilaterally - the advantage of being the person in charge of transport!) to grab some lunchy things and head to the park for a picnic lunch. Traffic in Wimbledon being awkward, we abandoned the first plan of going up to Wimbledon Common, and instead ended up at Morden Hall Park, where we had a nice stroll as well as our picnic.



We spotted this lady in the river with a fishing net - turns out it was a kids activity where they were racing plastic ducks - she was the person in charge of making sure no ducks made it into the wild...




I am sure that in my photo collection somewhere, I have a similar picture of the kids picnicking on this particular tree stump, but I think it might require some digging. However, I did find another photo, which was from that occasion (or a similar one), which shows them on the bridge above, playing pooh sticks...






1 comment:

Kathy said...

I remember picnics in this park. It's a nice place to wander around and to have a picnic. Never seems to be crowded. I'm glad you finally had some nice weather. Ours has turned cool, but after several days of 90 degrees, we are all relieved to have spring back again.