19 September 2010

Weekend of cooking...



Made these this afternoon - miniature pumpkin pies (and some jam tarts). School is having an international day tomorrow, complete with food tasting and I said I'd bring a pumpkin pie - then I got to thinking that actually it would be quite hard to cut into small pieces for sharing, so I decided to use the Pampered Chef miniature tart thingy and go for individual pumpkin pies, which actually, worked very well. I did use some of the second piece of pastry (I just used bought on this occasion) for some jam tarts - raspberry, plum (from jam made by a friend from her own plum trees) and lemon curd on the end. Mmm.




This morning, pancakes were the order of the day, as I had two extra girls in the house from Sarah's Birthday Sleepover, Part I (Part 2 next weekend - two different groups of friends, so she wanted two sleepovers - ok with me as I'd rather have two lots of two extra 12 & 13-yr-olds than one lot of 4 extra. Not to mention, easier to find space to sleep).




Last night it was homemade pizza for the girls. And the rest of us, too. Next weekend, pizza is on the menu as well, but as we are out all afternoon, Domino's is going to be cooking it!

No comments: