06 February 2011

V&A Visit



Today I met up with my friend Julie at the V&A - normally I would not go up to town two days running, but as she lives in California and is only in London until Thursday, exceptions were made...

Disappointingly, as she is a fellow quilter and thus interested in textiles as well, the textiles gallery and the clothing gallery were both shut. (The clothes until 2012, for refurbishment - the textiles, who knows, there was no sign, just a closed door. Sigh.) However, there's still lots of fun stuff to see at the V&A, including the revamped ceramics gallery, which I hadn't yet seen, and which included this lovely little collection of pots and beakers - which reminded me a bit of the view from the window:




I do love chimney pots!

Also found these pieces really interesting...



I did resist taking photos of the billions of other things I liked - one always takes tons of photos in museums, and then never looks at them again!

No comments: