24 June 2011

365 Project...or not


Last year, at the beginning of July, I started doing the 365 Project - the idea being to post a photo every day, helping you document your life, refine your photography skills, take time to look around a little more, or whatever. It was a fun experiment, but I found that there were some days - weeks even - when it simply felt like a task. Or, I'd take loads of great photos one day and then nothing for weeks... I'm going to see out my year (6 days to go) but not going to carry it on. I am, however, going to post more random (in the sense of not necessarily related to anything other than being a picture I took for whatever reason) photos on this blog. When I see something interesting, I am going to post it. Haven't yet decided if I will do a "Wordless Wednesday" like some bloggers do (seems unlikely, as I should think I'll want to talk about whatever I post - I'm not so good at Wordless) or simply try to do at least one post a week which just has a photo or two in it. Probably the latter.

This photo above is actually one which appeared already in the 365 project, but it's recent, and I like it - and it's the kind of thing I mean when I say I'm going to blog something random - this isn't a photo of the kids or a house improvement or somewhere we went (well, it is, but not in a scenic view sort of way). I am always telling myself I should blog more on this blog, but I don't want it to be forced or artificial - but a sort of "photo(s) of the week" slot would be a fun addition...

No comments: