02 November 2012

Bird World


Grandma, Alex and I had a trip to Birdworld on Friday, and I borrowed Sarah's new camera to take with me - it has a much better zoom than mine and I wanted to have a play with it.   Consequently, I took a lot of pictures of birds, though I won't share lots of them with you. 



I played around with various shots, many of which were a bit blurry - still getting used to the camera, and I didn't use the flash a lot of the time, which makes it harder to have non-blurry shots.



The increased zoom was nice, though, as it meant I could get a lot closer to some birds than I would have been able to otherwise. 



There was a Hallowe'en grotto as well, which we of course had to visit, even though it was technically past Hallowe'en.  Just as well that we did, though, as there was a sudden hailstorm, which dumped loads and loads of hail on us...



Here you can see Alex standing by all the hail - a lot of it had melted away by this point, but this was a particularly shady spot, so there was some left.


There is also a petting zoo, so Alex was able to meet a goat and pet some mice, rabbits and guinea pigs.


Cute!

No comments: