27 January 2018

Books in


Went up to Waterstones in Piccadilly Circus while Alex and I were up in town, as he had some vouchers to spend from his school prizes. He also has a birthday coming up next week, so he wanted to hit Forbidden Planet in Covent Garden, which has a manga section the size of my house, but Waterstones first (they have a reasonable sized manga section for a regular bookshop) for the vouchers. I can resist buying books in specialty shops, but in regular bookshops, not so much. I've been waiting for the Jon McGregor as I've heard good things about it. The Ursula LeGuin tempted me as I've been thinking about her (and the fact that I've read very little) since her recent death, and the other book, the guy at the counter said was their book of the month, and it sounded appealing (I'm an easy sell, I confess. But he loved Reservoir 13, so I reckon his judgement is ok...)

No comments: