28 July 2018

Book 61: Cousins by Salley Vickers


My first encounter with Salley Vickers was, as for so many people, Miss Garnet's Angel, which I really enjoyed. I have since read most if not all of her other books (I thought I'd only read a few, but looking at the titles inside the cover of this one, I think I may have read all of them!). Some I like better than others, of course, but she always writes well and creates an engrossing story. This one was no exception. I usually don't find shifting POV novels confusing, but this one did catch me out from time to time, mainly because a lot of the characters had two different names (or more if you count people referring to them as Mum or Gran) so depending on who was telling the story in a given section, a character might be referred to as something else. Wish I'd seen the family tree inside the back cover at the start!  But anyway, enjoyed this, and read it quickly as it was compelling.

No comments: