23 August 2002

Here's a real example of Murphy's Law (aka Sod's Law) in action. This morning, the kids slept late, letting me sleep late. "Late" being 8.30 instead of 7.30. Not that I really mind 7.30, frankly, which is a nice change from 6.30, which is when I used to get up, when I had to work. So, I had a nice leisurely lie in, got up, had a shower, came down, started breakfast & had a look at the calendar to see if there was anything happening today. Which is when i noticed that Olivia had an activity booked for 9.15. Guess what time it is? If you're thinking, oh, about 9.15, you'd be right. Sigh. So, we dashed off & got her there about 15 minutes late (as it was a whole morning - 9.15 to 12.15, this wasn't a big problem, luckily.). Annoying, though, as any other morning this week, we would have been up well before then...

No comments: