01 August 2002

Well, the news of the day is that Motorcat has died. Yeah, I can see the reaction there - a huge "eh?" going across your faces. Well, for those of you who never lived in the DC area, and in particular, in Takoma Park, you probably won't know Motorcat, who is this cat that used to ride around on a motorcycle with the Catman. She had her own helmet. Lots of Washingtonians probably knew about her, but only a few of us have actually seen her. And having spent several years in Takoma Park, I can proudly say, I'm one of the privileged few. (obituary article at the Washington Post - don't know how long they keep up their archives, but this was Tuesday's paper, so I'd guess at least a month or so.) The irony is that she didn't die in a bike accident, she died of cancer. She was never in a crash, so far as I know. There's a better picture at this site. Oh, and as Dave Barry is so fond of saying, I am not making this up.

No comments: