17 October 2002

Well, for the first time this week it's not actually raining, so we walked across to school this morning - makes a nice change from the traffic, though it's getting a bit nippy. Sarah was very excited to be able to see her breath, though. Whatever works - I'm glad that something so simple can interest them!

Today should be a lovely day in general though - I haven't got anything I need to do until this evening, so I get an entire day of hanging around and entertaining Olivia (who is, at the moment, watching Monsters Inc for the 50th time - she adores it). I might even get some sewing done, which would be nice. I also hope to make a pumpkin pie, which is more of a task than it might otherwise be, as you can't find tinned pumpkin easily in this country, so I'm making it from scratch, starting with the 3 kilo pumpkin ("small pumpkin" it says on the label) on my counter. We'll see how that goes.

On another note, my friend Neela tells me that the free-ness of museums in London is actually due to the hard work of the former culture secretary, Chris Smith (I think my association with Ken is simply that it was something he strongly supported). Being a firm believer in giving credit where it's' due - well, good on ya, Chris. (http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,3604,495517,00.html)

No comments: