04 February 2003

Ok, it's true that morning sickness, indigestion, swelling, tiredness, and all those other lovely aspects of pregnancy aren't much fun, but frankly, the really annoying thing about being pregnant is waiting. Especially at the end. I thought this morning we might be on the way as I was getting some contractions and having some water leaking (more detail than you wanted to know?), so we went off to hospital for them to check it out (if you've had a caesarean in the past, they like to see you if anything at all seems to be happening, just to be on the safe side). But no, they sent us home again - drat. Now it's the middle of the night (more or less) and I'm still getting some small contractions, basically just enough to keep me awake. I did go to bed quite early (before 10, which for me, at any rate, is early) and slept for a few hours before waking up with these ones, so I have high hopes, but at the moment, it's just enough to keep me from sleeping, which isn't very useful. I know he's not due until the 9th, but one can always hope!

No comments: