24 March 2003

Busy weekend, between stuff and gorgeous weather, so again, not much time online. In fact, I didn't even turn on the computer yesterday, which is a really change for me. I have to at least LOOK at my email, usually, even if I can't respond to it because I'm holding a baby at the time...

Sarah and Olivia went to Thalia's birthday party on Saturday - held in the school hall, it was a proper "disco party" complete with a DJ. They seem to have loved it. And luckily, Olivia is now old enough that I don't always have to stay at these things. I went over a little early so I could say I'd been and not risk mortally offending Thalia - a mortally offended 6 year old is not something one wants to deal with.

Yesterday we had some friends around, some of whom we haven't seen in ages, partly due to their living in Hertfordshire and us halfway around the M25 from there, and partly due to both of us having exceptionally busy years in the past few years, including Nigel's dad dying a couple of years ago. We had a lovely time - again, the weather was fantastic - and after gorging ourselves silly at lunch, we went for a lovely long walk around the neighbourhood - the park (packed with people for a change), cemetery & over to the kids' school. By about 6pm I was ready to crash, as Alex had had a sleepless night, with colic or similar, so I'd be awake more or less since 4am. I think it's the first time in years (barring when I had the flu) that I've been in bed at 9pm!

No comments: