22 April 2007

Sunny - or not


Great day this morning - sunny, no wind - perfect for sunprinting, which I wanted to do for a project of my own, so I thought I'd let the kids do some too. Of course, the moment we get the pieces painted and ready to go outside, there goes the sun for the duration of the afternoon. Sigh. Worked ok, but not with the kind of crisp, clear images that you get on a really good day. Still, it was fun for them - especially Alex, who has never been allowed to do it before. He thinks it's Magic. And so it is.


The ones above are Alex's on the left and Sarah's on the right. Below are Olivia's on the left and on the right, a group effort which was mainly an exercise in using up all the setacolours which had been poured out and thinned. The kids' pieces mainly use foam shapes and leaves as resists, the group piece uses rice, lentils and pasta (dried). I think the group piece in particular is a very nice piece. I shoudl say that the dark parts were there to start with - it was a piece I ruched before which didn't turn out very interesting so went into the "do something else with this later" box.

No comments: