09 June 2007

Strawberry sorbet


Lots of strawberries in the house - we picked over a kilo, so even with the kids nibbling at them every time they pass, there were still plenty to make some sorbet with, and still have leftovers for dessert. The sorbet involved mashing the strawberries up and pushing them through a seive - as these were freshly picked and quite ripe, we were able to do this without having to cook them, which means the resulting sorbet tastes fresher and less jammy, which I think is a good thing. It was messy, though, so next time I might try whizzing them in the food processor and leaving them to drain a while. I will also adjust the recipe as I thought it was a bit sweet. But we tend to like our fruit sorbets on the tart side.
Here's Alex helping to mash the berries - he was singing a really cute strawberry mashing song, which I will put a clip of up tomorrow or whenever you tube finishes processing it...

No comments: