05 April 2008

Lizards & Tarantulas & Snakes, Oh My



Here's a few photos that came home from school recently - Geoff reminded me I hadn't blogged them, yet - how remiss of me! Last week, some folks came in from a place called Beaver Water World, which is basically a rescue centre for reptiles (like when people get a snake as a pet and then decide they don't want it), though they have other things as well. One of the things they do is take animals to schools for kids to experience - my little guy was really brave, and held or touched everything on offer, even the tarantula... There's another photo of him with 3 snakes around his neck at once, but I haven't shown than one. I love the one of him and his friend Abiram holding the big snake. Bless them, they look so cute.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alex is much braver than I. No way would I hold a tarantula!

Grandma Kathy

black bear cabin said...

the boys look a little unsure of the snake :) heheheheh
what fun!