25 October 2008

Birthday treat




Today in lieu of a birthday party, I took Olivia and her friend Nina for a day out. We started by going to Guildford Spectrum to go ice skating - no photos of that, sorry - and then went up to Kingston for some lunch and a bout of shopping at all my personal favourite shops - Build-a-Bear Workshop, the Disney Store, Woolworths, Claire's Accessories and so on... Needless to say, I didn't buy much. The hats came from Claire's, and I think were an excellent choice - they really suit them.





Here they are in Woolworth's, being silly with a small car (they didn't put money in and ride on it, which is probably a good thing) before browsing through all the black pre-teen clothes and eventually buying matching toy stuffed turtles. Ah, the joys of being 9 (or 8)!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

I really like the hats. When I was visiting you, Olivia wore my Greek fisherman's hat and really wanted to keep it, so it's good that now she has one of her own.

Yes, it's great to have Olivia still being a little girl, rather than a pre-teenager.

Mom