10 October 2008

Bits of my day



Dress as a book character day at school - give a nominal donation and you can come as a book character instead of in uniform. Alex was a "Red Indian" from Peter Pan, Sarah was Lyra Belacqua from the Dark Materials Trilogy, Olivia was Pippi Longstocking. Hers is my favourite. Especially the hair (we did it with strong twist ties).



Great sky tonight - I missed the birds flying across it, but it still was lovely. We are having (and here I hope I don't jinx things) the BEST weather this autumn. My very favourite - chilly to start, then sunny later, with gorgeous deep blue skies and lots of SUN... Cold at night, of course, because no cloud cover, but heck, it's worth it.



Just filled this in a little while ago and it's ready to go off in the post tomorrow or early next week - I have to get the right postage of course, as I am outside the US. I should think it highly unlikely my little vote will make any difference at all in Maryland, which tends to vote Democrat for President even when almost no one else does (except Reagan in 84 - well - no one voted for Mondale, really!) but I still want to make a statement. And, if (God forbid) my guy doesn't win, I want to be able to complain long and loud - which I hold you shouldn't be allowed to do unless you vote!

1 comment:

black bear cabin said...

The kids look fabulous!!! Many moons ago, my sister dressed as Pippi Longstocking, and my mom used a wire hanger braided into her hair. Looks like they had fun.
As for your absentee ballot...im filling out mine too (though my mailing distance is a little closer :)
i totally agree with you...people that choose not to vote, loose their rights to complain later :) hehehe