22 December 2008

Christmas in town

We had a trip up to town today, first to see Polar Express (in 3D) at the IMAX - which was brilliant (we've seen the film on DVD, but this was an order of magnitude better). Then we hopped on some buses and went up to Oxford Street to grab a bite to eat, check out the windows in Selfridges (here's Santa doing some wash - here were loads of other good ones, but I didn't have my camera and my phone is not brilliant for pics). We had intended to then grab another bus over to Harrods and check out their windows (which I tend to think aren't as good as Selfridges, but they are still fun) but got distracted by a Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park - loads of (expensive) rides and booth selling crafts and things - plus, a German theme, so lots of German market food - as well as some not-very-German candy floss. It was fun to stroll around and have a look, even if we didn't buy much or ride anything!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

What fun you had! Wish I could have been there with you. I love those outdoor Christmas fairs. Last year I remember how clever the store windows were. Reminds me of when I was young. Even the small cities decorated the store windows. I think there is less of it done today, but then there are fewer department stores in downtowns. Most are at the malls.

Have a wonderful Christmas. love,
Mom