13 December 2008

O, Christmas Tree



New tree this year - a bit bigger, so it takes up more floor space, but I like it - for the first year in a long time, I didn't put up ALL the ornaments I own - there were just too many. I didn't help things by doing a couple of ornament swaps this year and ending up with a dozen or so new ornaments, I admit. One more to come, in fact. But I'm sure I can squeeze one on. The girls have a small tree in their room, where they have hung some of the ornaments they've received over the years, but some of them are on this one. We like it - one thing I like a lot is that the lights are fitted onto the tree to begin with, so no need to spend an hour trying to space them out properly - I'm pleased with the effect they give. It still takes a while to get the long strand of red beads sorted, but with both girls helping, it works fairly well. No tinsel for us - I don't really like the stuff - too bulky, takes over the tree, I think. Of course, it depends what kind of look you are aiming for, but despite the cracks my DH would make about the number of ornaments we have, I do like to be able to see some of the green parts of the tree (even if they are fake!).

No comments: