27 August 2009

Legoland



Legoland - the promised outing. Kids have been wanting to go all summer. I said if they were good (enough) we would go, instead of Chessington, a theme park closer to our house, which is where we usually go (and which I prefer - shorter queues, better rides, cheaper and only about 15 minutes away). Anyway, I guess it's worth doing Legoland once - we've been before, actually, but Alex was very small and wouldn't remember, and he does love Lego, so he really enjoyed the buildings and creations, not just the rides (which of course is the point of going to Legoland rather than some other cheaper, closer theme park...)



But despite the queues, we did ride on quite a few rides, and had a nice day out - a long day, but a good one. I'm glad we're not going anywhere tomorrow, though, I have to say.



Personally, I could do without the rides and would be happy to pay a lower admission just to walk around and look at things built of Lego, but hey, we all have burdens to bear! Here are the kids in front of a small but surprisingly accurate Mt Rushmore, and below, a rather spectacular Gothic Cathedral. Loads more photos (and a few short videos) on flickr - I even labeled them so that my mother won't complain...

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Your mother thanks you for the labels!