16 October 2009

Kitchen windowsill



Haven't written much lately, I know, though there are birthdays and whatnot coming up, so there will be more. But I was admiring my windowsill earlier today and thought I'd share it - didn't realise until after taking the photo that the line of washing in the background is a bit distracting - I didn't even notice it until I downloaded the photo from the camera...

Anyway, the windowsill changes several times throughout the year, not just at the annual New Year's turnover, so at the moment it's quite autumnal, with oranges and greens and browns. The latest addition, besides the Happy Hallowe'en tea light holder (there are some pumpkin candle holders which are with the Hallowe'en decorations which I will get out probably tomorrow; this one is new this year, so wasn't put away with the other seasonal stuff) is a bottle which Olivia decoupaged for me. The bottle was from some fancy lemonade and I loved the label and the stopper, so saved the bottle "in case I needed it for something". When Olivia bought her decoupage kit at the Knit & Stitch Show, she quickly ran out of objects to cover in paper, so I brought this out - I thought it would look really nice with the paper she had which was covered in orange slices, and I was right. We also both thought that the label would show through, in a good way, and we were also right about that.

No comments: