05 August 2010

Busch Gardens



Even from the carpark we knew it was going to be a fun day.. I gotta say, the ideal way to go to a big themepark is to a)be related to someone who works there so you can get free tickets in the first place and then b)go on a day where it's a little rainy in the morning, so lots of day trippers decide to do something else...



My brother and SIL took the girls off with them to ride big rides and do stuff (easier than trying to keep a party of 9 people together anyway) while Geoff, Mom, Andy and I took Alex around and went on some smaller rides - though Andy and I (and sometimes Geoff) went on some roller coasters. Andy used to work on this train, not driving it, but doing the loading and unloading of the passengers, etc, though now he works elsewhere in the park.



This is two different roller coasters, crossing each other. The Alpengeist, which is a hanging coaster, which I loved (my favourite kind of coaster) and the Gryphon, which I chickened out of because it had a 90 degree drop on it. My girls went on, though - twice!



Alex went on an airplane ride...



We watched a wolf show.

And there were lots other things that we did, too, of course. We topped the day off by going over to my (other) SIL's house to visit - she cooked ribs and corn on the cob, potato salad, etc - yum! Unfortunately, my stepbrother wasn't home as he's still out at sea for a few more weeks (he's in the Navy) but we did visit with Susan and the kids, which was great.

1 comment:

black bear cabin said...

i love going to amusement parks when its a bit rainy...the lines are short and you stay nice and cool! fun pics...looks like a good time ;)