04 August 2010

Road trip!



On Tuesday (blogging several days after the fact, as we had no internet connection while away - though my SIL did offer to let me check email at her place - if we'd been there another day, I think I would have had to succumb) we drove down to Hampton, Virginia, which is where my stepdad (technically my former stepdad, which is why he doesn't live in the same place as my mother - I know it's confusing) lives, as well as my stepbrother and his family. Andy (my stepdad) has a friend with a beach house, who kindly let us use it for free, which was great as there were quite a few of us and Andy's house isn't that big. Here are the kids on the beach which was 3 minutes walk from the house - this beach is on the Chesapeake Bay, not the ocean, but it was a lovely beach, so who's counting!









The house also had one of those great screen porches - although it wasn't really cool enough to be out there all the time - but at least we got to use it in the morning and the evening...

No comments: