04 June 2012

A visit to Polesden Lacey


As it was forecast to be the best of a week of rubbish weather, my mother and two of the kids and I set out for Dorking yesterday to visit Polesden Lacey, a National Trust house & gardens of the Edwardian era. 


We had a lovely tour of the garden, where the four of us were the only people with the guide (always useful with kids, as they tend to ask loads of questions, not always to the point).


I took lots of photos of flowers, which I am sparing you here, but which will probably show up in my 365 Project album.




We had a brief play in the children's play area in the woods, a slightly chilly picnic in the grounds



and a somewhat crowded (being a bank holiday) trip around the house.   In all, nice to get out, though we could have done with a bit more sun...

No comments: