16 September 2012

Bananagrams/Ingenious



A couple of games this afternoon (Sarah says I never blog anything but food these days, which isn't strictly true, though there is a bias toward food - I suppose because eating a meal is something we do every day, whereas there are lots of time when we don't do anything else interesting...) - the top is a game of bananagrams - kind of a boardless scrabble type game - my words at top and Alex's beneath - this is the state of the game when he decided to go around to a friend's house (there was a knock on the door). I did help him a bit, especially with spelling, but he did well - the words are pretty much his, except for "starlet", though he did make "star" originally. I always handicap myself by not allowing myself two-letter words, and by not using "scrabbly" words - i.e. those words which aren't really proper words, even though they are allowed in scrabble...


And then Olivia, Geoff and I had a game of Ingenious, which is a colour-matching, points, strategy game...

No comments: