21 March 2013

Postcard display


This is my fabric postcard display unit, which hangs in the living room, on the (closed off) chimney breast. I made it a number of years ago to hold fabric postcards, which I used to trade a lot (they are 4x6") - I accumulated a lot of them, some of which I like very much, so I keep a seasonal (mostly) display of them up in the living room. Sometimes I just put ones I like, with no seasonality to the theme. It had Christmas and winter cards in December and for January, I took out the really Christmassy ones and just kept winter ones in, but I'm getting bored of winter now, so I've put up loads of spring flowers and sunshine, and so on. 


Some May blossom, for instance. 


A vase of flowers on the windowsill. 


A leaf with dragonflies.


Some lovely handpainted dogwood blossom.


And to remind me it's still not quite spring, a little felt snowdrop.

No comments: