01 November 2013

A day with the dreamy spires...


We travelled out to Oxford for the day, to meet up with my brother- and sister- in law. Oxford has the advantage of being lovely, as well as being about halfway between where they live (Leicester) and where we live (London). So we often meet up there...  I used to live in Oxford, many moons ago, in my student days, so I have a great fondness for it.  My sister-in-law hadn't been since she was a teenager, and as she's older than I am, it's been a few years for her!  So we poked around a bit in the morning, then had some lunch, and poked around a bit more in the afternoon. 


I've always loved the covered market - I think this produce stand has been there forever - there was certainly one in the same place when I lived there, and that was nearly 25 years ago. 



And I'm sure the pigeons are simply descendents of the pigeons which always used to hang out there!




I spotted quite a few lovely doors this time around, in addition to more expected attractions, like the Radcliffe Camera, 



...which had been yarn-bombed!




And what's Oxford without a photo with a number of bicycles in it!

No comments: