25 December 2014

Bailey's Cheesecake


Dessert for Christmas Day - we decided on Bailey's Cheesecake. We usually like to have something which isn't too heavy, as we've all just eaten a huge meal.  This was very nice and not too rich. 


I did modify the recipe slightly - once I'd done the biscuit crumbs for the crust and put them in a tin the size the recipe said, I decided the base was way too thick, so I put them in a larger tin - and then upped the ingredients in the middle by chucking in a half a container of cream cheese, a bit more Baileys and some extra whipped cream. Probably should have added a little more gelatin (technically I used vege-gel) as well.  And we had already decided to skip the coffee gel on the top, though I'm sure it would have been nice with it. It was very nice with just shaved chocolate, though.

No comments: