17 September 2015

Book 93: Virals by Kathy Reichs


This was ok - it's a teen/YA novel, with a little forensic science and some crazy viral action in it (you might guess this from the title). Written by the author of the Tempe Brennan series (on which the show Bones is loosely based), it sometimes felt like the author trying to capitalise on the current rage for dystopic YA fiction (not that this was; it's set in the real (more or less) world. But it was entertaining, if a little too teeny for my taste.  I do enjoy a lot of YA fiction, but I thought this was  a little too pitched to the teen market for me - hard to put my finger on it, but it didn't ring as true as some YA fiction does. I probably won't follow up on the rest of the series, but it wasn't bad, just not great either. 

No comments: